Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday, Dad!

I've returned from my adventure at the ranch. Jonny and I surprised my father on his birthday (on an easy-to-remember-day: the 4th) in Butte Falls. It was a cinch to find them at the parade because in a town of 350, all you have to do is ask the first person you see. Who you probably know.
We had a great time with Sarah and Ryan, who were visiting like the good kids they are. The weather was sublime and the ranchhands plentiful with our arrival. Jonny and Ryan changed some irrigation, herded some cows, etc. I lay around in my bikini and worked on fading the ridiculous lines the Dallas sun hands out on my rides.
I was deathly sick on the plane ride home. First time I've had to use the airsick bag. That was awesomely fun. The poor girl sitting next to me didn't know me well enough to rub my back and instead stared in shock. Now I'm rehydrating and about to hit the sack.
More soon...
peace!

2 comments:

Cindy and Robert said...

Now I am bummed I didnt' go to BF for the fourth! I am glad you had a good time. Your family looks very happy!

Oren said...

People can be so inconsiderate on planes.